All in a Name

It has taken 3 years to come up with a farm name and all of a sudden it came to me while I was cleaning the barn. "Hold Your Horses," I thought randomly.  As I tinkered around the paddocks cleaning, it made more sense while I repeated it over and over in my head.  Hold your horses means to be patient and wait as an idiom but it also means hold your horses while the farrier is here trimming hooves, hold your horses while you load the trailer, hold your horses while the landscaper is mowing, etc.  This name has multiple meanings in my life.  My life is full of multiple meanings and double entendre.  I will be writing and sharing the autobiographical reasons for "Hold Your Horses" as my blog progresses.

Along with my personal stories, I want to share my lifestyle tricks and tips to having horses on a budget.  Even though I live in the well renowned horse country of Southern Pines and Pinehurst, North Carolina, not all of us come from wealth and have multi-million dollar horse farms and bottomless budgets to maintain them.  Insert an image of me jumping up with my hand raised in the air: "me, me, me".  My lifestyle comes with being frugal and finding fun in the "hunt" for what I need at a reasonable price.


I hope you enjoy my journey and past reflections on "holding my horses".


Comments

  1. I also live in a very wealthy area (the so-called Hamptons on the east end of Long Island) and I also do not relate to the uber-wealthy who hang out here while the rest of us toil away ... however, having even a modest horse farm is completely out of reach so I am grateful to ride at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, what kind of riding do you get to do? Do you board your horse? Boarding here is in the $600's a month and feed is sky high. I bet your feed prices are great up where you live.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts